Viewing Your User Activity
Your user list
Your user list is the first thing you see when the app launches.
Table settings allow you to fine-tune the columns in your user list and display just the right amount of data. You can turn columns on and off, as well as reorder them. This way you can see what your users are doing at a glance.
You can search your user list with a combination of filters and use "Save as segment" link in the top right corner to save these conditions as a segment. "Quick search" field is also available if you need to find someone fast.
From the user list, you can jump to a profile page of each individual user — showing who they are and what they’ve been doing in your app. Each profile page consists of two parts: user overview and user activity feed.
User overview area includes things like their name, email address, signup date, and any custom properties you have set up — the number of projects, etc. We’re also showing their photo if they have a Gravatar set up for their email address.
User activity is a timeline of events that have been recorded for the users. We show multiple types of events within a single timeline:
- System events like creating an account
- Any custom events that you’ve chosen to send into Userlist via our API (read more about that in our integration guide)
- Any payments or plan updates, if you have integration with Stripe set up
- Joining or exiting any segments (segments are updated automatically based on conditions you set for them)
- Information about messages sent via Userlist: when they were sent, opened, and clicked
Our goal isn’t about getting as granular as tracking clicks or mouse movements: analytics tools like FullStory can do that much better. Instead, we want to paint a larger picture. We want to help you see what exactly led to a conversion, and how communication lines up with other user activities — without having to switch between multiple tools.